Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: unrecognized character after (?< at offset 10 in /web1/user21445/website/wp-includes/class-wp-block-parser.php on line 418
The competition is run annually at the beginning of the season to find the Welsh Club that is invited by the WPA to enter the EuroCup, which is organised by the Confédération Européenne de Pétanque (CEP).
Each club team can consist of 6-8 players under the following conditions:
- The teams of 6 players must possess at least 1 player of the opposite sex to the rest of the team;
- The teams of 7-8 players must possess at least 2 players of the opposite sex to the rest of the team.
All the participants must be licensed with the Club that they represent at the time of the competition and may not, under any circumstances, play for another club during the course of the competition.
The games for the Welsh Cup for Clubs are played in the following format:
- Five (5) open singles and one (1) between the designated female players,
- Two (2) open doubles and one (1) mixed double,
- One (1) open triple, one (1) mixed triple.
Each match consists of eleven games played over three (3) rounds.
All the entry fees for the Welsh Cup for Clubs are ‘ring fenced’ and an amount decided by the WPA Executive shall be provided to the winners, if the club accepts the invitation to participate in the EuroCup. No further financial support from the WPA is available.
Ideally, the Welsh Club Champions shall be decided upon the total number of points won. However, should there be a tie on the number of wins then Article 22 detailed in the published Rules European Cup For Clubs shall be used, which states that:
The following formula will be applied to decide the results:
- Number of Match Points, if two or more teams are tied, then:
- Game Points between the tied teams.
- Points Difference between the tied teams.
- Points Difference between all the teams in the group.
All results must be relayed to the WPA Executive using the official Registration/Score Sheet.
The WPA is required to notify the CEP of our intention to enter the EuroCup.
Welsh Cup for Clubs Roll of Honour
Year Club 2018 Caerleon Pétanque Club 2017 Wenvoe Pétanque Club 2016 Pontyclun Pétanque Club 2015 The Wheatsheaf Pétanque Club 2014 The Monkstone Inn Pétanque Club 2013 The Wheatsheaf Pétanque Club 2012 The Wheatsheaf Pétanque Club 2011 Sir Henry Morgan's Pétanque Club 2010 The Wheatsheaf Pétanque Club 2009 The Monkstone Pétanque Club 2008 The Monkstone Pétanque Club 2007 The Wheatsheaf Pétanque Club